Surgical Procedures Overview
The physicians of Seven Oaks Women’s Center provide a broad spectrum of progressive surgical techniques for a variety of gynecologic conditions. We are committed to excellence and offer time tested approaches as well as the newest and most up to date technologies for the treatment of your particular problem.
After a comprehensive gynecologic evaluation, your physician will give you the opportunity to take an active role in the complex decision-making necessary to determine your best treatment. Treatment decisions may range from no intervention, to conservative medical therapy, to radiographic or surgical procedures.
If a surgical option is your choice, we arrange for a complete pre-operative evaluation. This includes a complete history and physical examination, preoperative lab and/or radiologic procedures. A medical referral for surgical clearance will be obtained or arranged if your particular health condition requires such. We will discuss potential pre and postoperative surgical consequences and precautions and obtain an informed consent. Our billing department will contact your insurance provider and discuss your financial responsibilities as well.
The conditions we evaluate and treat cover a wide range of gynecologic conditions.
Conditions We Evaluate and Treat
The conditions we evaluate and treat cover a wide range of gynecologic conditions. Here is an abbreviated list:
- Heavy and irregular menstrual bleeding
- Uterine Fibroids
- Pelvic prolapse (including cystocoele, enterocoele, rectocoele, uterine prolapse, and post hysterectomy vaginal prolapse)
- Urinary incontinence
- Endometrial polyps
- Uterine septum
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic adhesions
- Ovarian cysts
- Benign and premalignant tumors of the uterus and ovaries
- Pain with intercourse
- Permanent sterilization
Surgical Procedures We Use for Treatment
Some of the surgical procedures that we may use to treat these conditions include:
- Laparoscopy surgery for the treatment of pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, ovarian cysts
- Laparoscopic Assisted Vaginal Hysterectomy (LAVH)
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy or abdominal hysterectomy with or without the removal of the ovary(ies)
- Hysteroscopy with the removal of cervical polyps, fibroids, or septums
- Laparoscopic sterilization
- Hysteroscopic sterilization via the Essure procedure
- Endometrial ablation (e.g., Novasure, Thermachoice)
- Pelvic prolapse repair
- Sling procedures for urinary incontinence, (e.g. the TVTO procedure)
- LEEP procedure for cervical dysplasia
- Robotic assisted laparoscopic hysterectomies and other procedures using the da Vinci system
We perform our surgeries at Methodist Ambulatory Surgical Center and Methodist Hospital.
We also do most of our Essure procedures, LEEP’s, and endometrial ablations in our office. (See the In-Office Procedures page.)
So if your gynecologic condition requires consideration of a surgical option, you can trust that your physician will discuss and recommend the best option for your individual circumstances. And if the decision is to proceed with surgery, our physicians have the experience and expertise that you deserve.